Understanding the "10 Bad Foods" - with Dr. Glidden
Below are recommendations from Dr. Joel Wallach and Dr. Peter Glidden that everybody must ELIMINATE from their diet.
10 BAD FOODS:
- Oats, Oatmeal – even if it says that it’s gluten free.
- Fried Food – nothing fried! You should boil, broil or bake and never more than medium rare for red meat.
Oils – Yes, this includes Olive Oil! NO canola, NO coconut, etc… If it has OIL in the name don’t use it. This also includes anything made from oil, like salad dressing. Dr. Wallach recommends using salt and lemon juice as a salad dressing. No margarine or combo spreads. No mayonnaise. Nothing made from oils.
- No burned fats – If you grill your food, try to have something between the food and the fire (like aluminium foil) so the juice doesn’t drip onto the flame and deposit dangerous things on the meat.
- Any nitrates added to meat – (ie: deli meats) tell your butcher NO NITRATES or NITRITES!
- No carbonated drinks of any kind within one hour before, during or one hour after meals.
- Skin of a baked potato (or yam, or sweet potato). If you boil a potato, you can eat the skins.
If you would like the above list in a printable format – CLICK HERE
- TO COOK EGGS YOU MAY:
- Poach; This is his number one choice because the water never reaches a temperature greater than 212 degrees.
- Scramble with butter over very low heat and only until they are just setting up. If you can hear them cooking it’s too hot.
- Soft boil with the yolk still runny. Some call them “2 minute eggs”
- Raw Eggs are good BUT you must increase your Biotin. This can be done by taking the Hair, Skin & Nails capsules.
- Beef—rare/medium rare
- Mixed, Salted Nuts—no peanuts
- Nut Butters—no extra sugar
- Pure Buckwheat (Isn’t wheat).
- Couscous (made from pearl millet only).
- Corn (GMO Free)
- Coffee, Tea, Green tea, Red wine.
- 4-8, 8oz glasses of filtered water each day. Avoid soft plastic bottles.
- Lard (yes, lard!)
Any carbohydrate (except oatmeal) that is “Gluten Free” is OK.